How Can I use GSA with Oracle Stellent

1 view

Rishab

Oct 9, 2010, 12:43:57 AM10/9/10
to Google Search Appliance/Google Mini - Google Search Appliance/Google Mini
Hi,

Searching in Oracle Stellent takes lot of time. In order to tune its
performance I am looking for GSA integration with Stellent. I don't
how to start. Does anyone ever did similar activity. If yes, please
share your experience.

Rishab

Jacob

Oct 12, 2010, 12:20:51 PM10/12/10
to Google Search Appliance/Google Mini - Google Search Appliance/Google Mini
I am not sure what you are asking. Are you talking about searching for
documents within stellent's admin pages to add/review/edit pages or to
crawl/search over the content hosted on your stellent server?

There is connectors available I believe commercially to interface
stellent with the gsa. I haven't used any of these, but a google seach
does reveal some commercial options. I am not aware of any free
connectors for this(If there are, i'd be interested). Currently we
just crawl the content that is hosted on stellent without any feeds or
connectors.

Dave Watts

Oct 12, 2010, 12:36:50 PM10/12/10
to google-search-...@googlegroups.com
> Currently we just crawl the content that is hosted on stellent without any feeds or
> connectors.

Out of curiosity, how is that working out?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.

Jacob

Oct 12, 2010, 12:59:57 PM10/12/10
to Google Search Appliance/Google Mini - Google Search Appliance/Google Mini
We haven't used any connectors for anything with our GSA so I have
nothing to compare it to. Overall, it hasn't caused any issues that I
am aware of. Then again, probably less than 10,000 documents are being
crawled that are hosted on stellent.

We will be moving to a different CMS, and I hope to better integrate
the GSA with that CMS as it is being implemented. The GSA was an
afterthought for it's first few years, and just in the past year came
more into the spotlight once I took over the administration of it.