Filter: Is/is not in contacts

argotnaut

Jun 1, 2006, 7:35:39 PM6/1/06
to Gmail-Users
I don't see any way to do this, and I think I know the answer. But am I
missing a way to filter mail by whether or not the sender is in my
contacts?

I really want to set up a filter so that only mail from contacts
appears in my inbox; other mail would be archived and/or filtered into
various labels. And of course, I want to do this without setting up
individual filters for everyone in my address book.

Or how about just being able to toggle a view option: "Show only mail
from contacts/show all mail"?

MagnoliaSouth

Jun 1, 2006, 9:51:49 PM6/1/06
to Gmail-Users
I like this. I played with the idea a bit (though through a filter) and
you're right, I can't figure out a syntax that would work.

Unless someone else knows...