insert animated signature impossible in gmail?

ara

Sep 4, 2006, 1:13:21 AM9/4/06
to Gmail-Users
I have a few animated signatures I have used in emails but when I tried
to insert one in gmail at great effort back and forth to photos and
etc all that came out was a still hand. usually the hand would spell
out my name as the reader opened the email. I have a few of these or a
cats paws running across. now I have zilch. dry ugly emails. can
anyone help me insert these animations? thanks

Nick Chirchirillo

Sep 4, 2006, 10:43:26 AM9/4/06
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
There is a way to do this, but you can not have Gmail do it automatically.  In settings, go down to signature and type in the text you want as your signature.  Then, every time you write an email, you will have to copy and paste the animation into the body of the email.  It has to be stored on a web server, so you might want to upload it to your own Google Page since they are no longer invite only.
--
nickman55.googlepages.com

ara

Sep 4, 2006, 4:20:09 PM9/4/06
to Gmail-Users
there is no way to type it in since it is a gif stored under pictures.
I am almost ready to go back to aol --can you believe it? since it
seemed easier to manage things.
I have just downloaded a 42 page workbook and every single diagram
or drawingis an empty box with an x in it. Makes me sick. waste of
time and paper. why is this so difficult?

AudioWavesPlus

Sep 4, 2006, 6:57:05 PM9/4/06
to Gmail-Users
Put your image on a web page (maybe one of your own Googlepages) then:

1. Bring up the webpage

2. Right click - copy (not copy shortcut)

3. Compose your Gmail message

4. Right click - paste

You should see the graphic image in your DRAFT...

Then comes the problem...

5. Send the Gmail message

6. Recipients will see something like a red-X...

AudioWavesPlus

Sep 4, 2006, 7:06:14 PM9/4/06
to Gmail-Users
Maybe the recipients need to check something like this, to get the
images to display, depending on their client-app:

Images are not displayed.

Display images below