OS localization

AlexK

Mar 17, 2009, 11:01:26 AM3/17/09
to android-platform
Hi All,

I saw "cupcake" brunch in Android OS with several localizations... Can
anyone provide instructions how to add additional localization into
OS?

How I understand localizations that on current moment supported by
"cupcake" brunch are hard-coded in *.c or *.cpp file...
Fast search give we understanding that localizations extracting low-
level class/method ResTable::parse...
But where I have to place declaration of the additional localization
to make it available in list for Settings app?!

I'll appreciate any help. My localization for all application is
mostly completed and I want to commit my changes soon, but that
hardcoded part delays my release.

I'll provide Ukraine language localization for Android OS.

Dianne Hackborn

Mar 17, 2009, 5:25:50 PM3/17/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The settings app just shows you all of the locales that are available in the platform resources.  Adding strings for a new locale should automatically have those shown in settings.

You tell the build system which locale resources to include when it does the build...  unfortunately I can't help you on that part, but maybe someone else can.
--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

AlexK

Mar 18, 2009, 8:12:17 AM3/18/09
to android-platform
Hi,

Thanks for explanation Dianne, I expect something like that...
I think that much better to investigate deep core to be 100% sure that
my work will be completed and easy mergable.

Thanks