Coyote?

1 view

Cher Kore

Jan 23, 2008, 9:07:18 AM1/23/08
to AllstonBr...@googlegroups.com
I'm wicked confused. I was just watching the news and they said a Coyote was spotted on Brighton Ave. in Allston. They tried to catch it but, "It ran back into the woods"

Where's the Allston Forest?

Thanks & Peace,
Cher K.
Kameleon Healing, Inc.

trenchesf...@riseup.net

Jan 23, 2008, 9:33:45 AM1/23/08
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
I knew it! I biked to school yesterday down Brighton ave and at about 9:40
am and a Coyote was running around the intersection where Spike's is
located. It was very frightened and just trying not to get hit by the
cars. I could tell by the way it ran from cars back into the intersection
that it wasn't domesticated, and it had no coller (plus Ive seen many
coyotes in Franklin, Ma where I grew up). I also heard there was a coyote
spotted in Sommerville the day before. Maybe the same one? Anyway, im glad
it made it out of that intersection, but im as confused as you about the
forest. Do they mean ringer park!?
-Jake

Don Lubin

Jan 23, 2008, 12:41:06 PM1/23/08
to Cher Kore, AllstonBr...@googlegroups.com
Really. Any trees we have are not on Brighton Ave. Along the tracks?
Ringer Park?
Maybe that's just newspaper speak for "it got away".

> www.kHealing.com <http://www.kHealing.com>

Eva Webster

Jan 23, 2008, 1:54:56 PM1/23/08
to trenchesf...@riseup.net, AllstonBrighton2006
Jake, I too am rooting for the coyote. Poor creature. To survive in winter
must be so hard. Cold, no food, and then all the dangers from people who
want to shoot or capture them, and from cars.

On 1/23/08 9:33 AM, "trenchesf...@riseup.net"

kathleen clifford

Jan 23, 2008, 10:52:29 AM1/23/08
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
I still barely believe my brother's report of seeing a couple wild turkeys walking down franklin street a couple years ago, but stranger things have happened.  I have heard there have been foxes skirting around near the Mount St. Joseph's area in the past.  I haven't seen as many racoons or skunks around in recent years, as there were in years past, but last spring and summer i was visited quite often by an albino possum.   being the city girl i am i took photos and googled it to make sure it wasn't the other kind of rodent that we have also begun seeing in these parts.

hmmm i wonder ... maybe coyotes consider rats a delicacy?  if we could be so lucky.

> Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 06:33:45 -0800
> Subject: [AB2006] Re: Coyote?
> From: trenchesf...@riseup.net
> To: allstonbr...@googlegroups.com

Jim Creamer

Jan 23, 2008, 8:58:19 PM1/23/08
to Don Lubin, Cher Kore, AllstonBr...@googlegroups.com
People say they hang along the river.

Tamara

Jan 23, 2008, 5:38:23 PM1/23/08
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
There are skunks and racoons and possums in Brighton, just up Chestnut Hill Ave, but my best sighting (and my neighbor was there too with his kids) was in Oak Square back in '92. I was in the park, (Tar Park, Hardiman Park) with my kids and a female moose was running down Faneuil St, into the trees at the edge of the park. Animal services came and had to shoot multiple darts into her . It was a lot of excitement for the kids. I have no clue where she came from.
Tamara

Joan Pasquale

Jan 23, 2008, 6:48:32 PM1/23/08
to kathleen clifford, allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
If it's any help for anyone in the Ringer Park area - I haven't had any reports of a Coyote sightings in Ringer Park. Hawks, chipmunks and tons of birds, but No Coyotes.

From: mrs_cl...@hotmail.com
To: allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [AB2006] Re: Coyote?
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:52:29 -0500

Joan Pasquale

Jan 23, 2008, 7:05:11 PM1/23/08
to Cher Kore, allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
Never mind the Forest - Where's the Trees in Allston?!
Smile!! :)
Joan

From: Ch...@Khealing.com
To: AllstonBr...@googlegroups.com