Access 2007 and the IRibbonUI object (Trying to Invalidate to force a refresh of RibbonX)

Anthos

Dec 21, 2006, 1:16:55 AM12/21/06
to Access / VBA development
I am having troubles invalidating a iRibbonUI object

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

RibbonXML =
<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"
onLoad="ribbonLoaded">
<ribbon startFromScratch="false">
<tabs>
<tab id="DemoTab" label="LoadCustomUI Demo" visible = "true">
</tab>
</tabs>
</ribbon>
</customUI>

in MS Access I have this for the Callback for the ribbonLoaded
(I am sure my callback is where things are going wrong.)

Public Sub ribbonLoaded(ByVal RibbonUI As IRibbonUI)
gobjRibbon = RibbonUI
IRibbonUI.Invalidate
End Sub

Then to invalidate I am trying to use

Public Function Inval()
gobjRibbon.Invalidate
End Function

gobjRibbon is Public variant
(Public gobjRibbon)

Thank you for your help with this, it's been keeping me up late at
night.

The Error Message I get when trying to invalidate is
424 : Object Required.

Anthos

Dec 21, 2006, 3:29:19 PM12/21/06
to Access / VBA development