URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL BLOGGERS IN PAKISTAN

Dr. Awab Alvi

Nov 3, 2007, 12:51:42 PM11/3/07
to BLOGAP ~ Bloggers Association of Pakistan, AGA...@googlegroups.com
I THINK ITS TIME THAT ALL PAKISTAN BASED BLOGGERS SHOULD STOP BLOGGING AND BE CAREFUL SINCE ITS BEING CONFIRMED THAT MARITAL LAW IS IN EFFECT WE ALL HAVE TO PLAY IT SAFE - HAND OVER REIGNS TO INTERNATIONAL REPORTERS AND BLOGGERS TO HELP REPORT - WE CANNOT RISK IT HERE

As an example I have handed over my blog posting rights to a free speech activist Ange Embuldeniya and will start live reporting

I know how much we want to report but please this is a MARTIAL LAW.

The international blog community is at the moment rallying for Pakistan and we should hear sounds from them very soon.

GOD BLESS PAKISTAN

Awab Alvi
http://teeth.com.pk/blog

Ange Embuldeniya

Nov 3, 2007, 12:55:31 PM11/3/07
to AGA...@googlegroups.com
bhutto has landed in karachi

a sane voice

Nov 4, 2007, 2:50:59 AM11/4/07
to Society Against Internet Censorship in Pakistan

assalamu alaykum

Whatever one writes on the web, even through email, is already subject
to censor here. What you write to friends to post from their blogs, it
will be sent to them through the web, and under the pre-emergency
regulations, the ISPs were supposed to hold the material for at least
a month. I do not know what the new rules will be. They won't be any
more lenient.

Are we in for a long night (or more accurately, long years) of sealed
lips? I do not think so. The trip to Dubai and the return was all
preplanned and BB was in the know of this emergency. The elections
will be held, and there will be power-sharing. This coup is against
the rule of law, against human rights, against accountability. Why?
You have to look a little deeper. The activist judiciary has been
removed, and it will be smooth sailing (with billions of dollars worth
of pickings) for those who are in or get to power.

That is what the great game is all about - the energy grid, and who
benefits from it. It isn't about democracy, or terrorism. There are
trillions in it for the big players, and a few billions for the lesser
ones. As for us, we are the salt of the earth, better than the
wretched ones, if we hold our peace. And if we do not, then take a
look at what happened to Saud Memon.

I wonder what were the differences on which the Unocal-Taleban deal
broke down. Does any one know?