Take a photo upon scan.

Margaret

Jul 12, 2013, 12:04:52 PM7/12/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm developing my own small hobbyist app for personal use, I'd like to have Zxing snap a photo of the scanned object when I used it to save myself some time and effort. I've already integrated the camera activity into my own application so that I can view a library of what I've scanned, but I've had trouble finding a place within Zxing that I can hijack to take a photo.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

~Margaret.

Sean Owen

Jul 12, 2013, 12:11:23 PM7/12/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
The app is getting a continuous stream of frames from the camera to analyze. You can store off any of them by intercepting them in the preview callback.

Margaret

Aug 3, 2013, 8:59:59 AM8/3/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Late reply, I've been on holiday. What you said is useful, but something I've attempted before. I've made the following question on Stack Overflow. If you can help further by responding there or here it would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks Sean Owen.