C++: A great paper including improvement of ZXing oned barcode

Louis Dawson

Aug 19, 2013, 10:26:52 PM8/19/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Has anybody noticed this paper "Improvement of recognition percentage and speed of ZXing based cellphone EAN-13 reader" which is in the attachment below.

I haven't have time to try that but it seems a good idea of his new BrightnessRefiningBinarizer and BitFlipArray.

Anybody tried that?
FULLTEXT01.pdf

Sean Owen

Aug 20, 2013, 4:00:16 AM8/20/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I haven't seen this, but have seen many papers describing improvements. The big question is just whether the improvements are practical and general or only of interest to a narrow academic question. Here I'm not sure what improvement was achieved. The code isn't available and isn't in Java. So I don't think it has been made into a usable form.

Louis Dawson

Aug 20, 2013, 11:06:12 AM8/20/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I agree with that. If somebody can experiment and share the code to prove it, it would be nicer to work on it at that time. Many papers works only on specific area.
I have tried the BrightnessRefiningBinarizer it works better but a little slow. And it's improvement is still not good enough for blurry 1d barcode.
The BitFlipArray seems to be a good idea, may be works for both java and cpp, but I have not get time to try it.

在 2013年8月20日星期二UTC+8下午4时00分16秒,Sean Owen写道: