Finder Pattern coordinates in Android

Abhilash k

Jul 13, 2016, 2:40:58 AM7/13/16
to zxing
How do I extract the coordinates of finder patterns in the image attached? I'm trying to use these finder patterns and based on that, segment all the colored boxes in the image. I know the coordinates of the colored boxes from the finder patterns
card.jpg

Bas Vijfwinkel

Jul 14, 2016, 5:12:19 AM7/14/16
to zxing
On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 3:40:58 PM UTC+9, Abhilash k wrote:
> How do I extract the coordinates of finder patterns in the image attached? I'm trying to use these finder patterns and based on that, segment all the colored boxes in the image. I know the coordinates of the colored boxes from the finder patterns

Take a look at the QR decoder. It uses the same finder patterns and has some cool algorithms to find them.
The top method is called 'detect' and it's calling 'processFinderPatternInfo' which returns the position of the 3 markers from the QRCode.
https://github.com/zxing/zxing/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/google/zxing/qrcode/detector/Detector.java

I would recommend to start testing with an QRCode to get familiar with the way it works.
I don't know if this is your own format but you only need 3 markers to detect and determine the direction/position of the barcode.
Note that ZXing converts an image into black and white bitmaps because none of the supported images support colors.