ZXing is not scanning Data Matrix Barcode which is embebed into page image fine

Devendra Choudhary

Dec 23, 2022, 3:01:03 AM12/23/22
to zxing
Hi,

I am using ZXing.Net version 16.5. It is scanning perfactly till now.
Yesterday i received one image in which Data Matrix image was embeded inside of full page image. When we scan this full page with ZXing then it was not working.
When i crop only that data matrix from full image and scan, then it worked.

So it seems that problem is ZXing is not able to identify barcode from full image so fail to scan.

Can you please suggest, if anything i need to correct to enable such type of barcodes?

Thanks,
Devendra Choudhary

Lachezar Dobrev

Dec 23, 2022, 8:44:04 AM12/23/22
to Devendra Choudhary, zxing
The Data-Matrix locator only supports Data Matrices located in the
middle of the image.
Try cropping the scanned full-page so that the Data Matrix is in the
middle of the cropped space.

На пт, 23.12.2022 г. в 10:01 ч. Devendra Choudhary
<choudhary...@gmail.com> написа: