Re: Screenshot in History-Menu of Barcode Scanner

Sean Owen

Oct 9, 2012, 7:31:59 AM10/9/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Not sure what you are talking about. You can take a screen shot while the camera is active. But the camera is already off when the History activity is open.

On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 12:26:15 PM UTC+1, Eastpak1984 wrote:
Hi,

i wanted to take a screenshot of one part of my history of this app, but it does not work.
I think the relason is the background from the live camera.

Could you please deactivate the like cam there? There is no need for it.

Eastpak1984

Oct 9, 2012, 7:36:43 AM10/9/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
In the History Overview, the camera is of, but if I open a entry in the History list, the camera view is shown in the background.

Sean Owen

Oct 9, 2012, 11:55:41 AM10/9/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that's right. The advantage there is you don't wait for the camera to open/close while swapping between scanning and the results. It's actually one view with two layers. I don't think we'd want to change that.

But you can certainly screen-shot that. See for example the screen shots I took for the app:

Just use the ddms tool as usual.

Eastpak1984

Oct 9, 2012, 11:56:00 AM10/9/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
If this is important: I use a Samsung Galasy S3.

But I think every device shows the camera view in the history

Eastpak1984

Oct 9, 2012, 12:17:56 PM10/9/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Ah, ok, thats the reason for that.

Edit: I can make screenshots, but not with the official way using a wipe with my hand.
I have to use special software to make a screenshot there.

Sean Owen

Oct 9, 2012, 2:19:48 PM10/9/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Ah right, I use the SDK tools. Just use ddms.

Eastpak1984

Oct 9, 2012, 2:22:20 PM10/9/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Am Dienstag, 9. Oktober 2012 20:19:48 UTC+2 schrieb Sean Owen:
Ah right, I use the SDK tools. Just use ddms.

"ddms"?

Sean Owen

Oct 9, 2012, 2:59:05 PM10/9/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
It's part of the SDK tools. Install them and run ddms and you will be able to grab the screen from a device connected via USB.