Aztec code not reading

Pascal G

Aug 26, 2020, 11:04:00 AM8/26/20
to zxing
Hello,
I'm using the zebra-crossing node module which is a direct wrapper around the Zxing cli library. When I try to scan a direct screenshot of an aztec code, it works fine. But when I try to scan a photo of the same code (my intended use) it doesn't work. I think this is a Zxing issue because it works with a normal screenshot.
For reference, please see the screenshot and the photo which is the way I'm trying to get the aztec data. It also doesn't work when I convert the photo to monochrome colours.

If anyone can advice me with what I might do wrong or knows a better way to scan these codes, I would really appreciate that.
Thanks in advance,

Pascal

1D159B2D-F183-4AD9-8F2F-66A14A425E51_1_105_c.jpeg5d4eca50-e7ab-11ea-b2b1-c7bbfad3d0ca.png

Sean Owen

Aug 29, 2020, 9:48:19 AM8/29/20
to zxing
It's just how it is. Some images will happen to scan and some won't. The intended usage is a camera phone, where there is always a sequence of images to try.
You can try TRY_HARDER mode to scan more. I am able to decode the first one but not the second.