C++ Porting Problem

Gavin

Dec 9, 2014, 1:53:16 AM12/9/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I'm developing an iOS application and plan to port the JAVA code of zxing to C++ by myself. Anyone can recommend some tools to do the porting? Thank you in advance.

Bas Vijfwinkel

Dec 9, 2014, 10:50:48 PM12/9/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, December 9, 2014 3:53:16 PM UTC+9, Gavin wrote:
> I'm developing an iOS application and plan to port the JAVA code of zxing to C++ by myself. Anyone can recommend some tools to do the porting? Thank you in advance.

I did the actionscript port about 6 years ago.

- Make sure you get first get the Java code up and running in order to compare results of various methods and objects.
- Tried some automated tools but they made the mess even bigger.
- Note that not all examples are detected by the java version.
so keep a list of which barcodes are not detected by the java version and
forget about those.
- Port the unit tests first because they will make your life so much easier when porting. It's so much faster than comparing results of various methods. =)
- Focus first on what you need, and if you have time on your hand do the rest later.
- Sometimes there are minor difference in how platforms and system libraries process image data, this might lead to different results in unit tests but does not affect the recognition itself.
- There was already a objective-c port but it is not active anymore. The hardest part I found is maintaining because you need to track and map the constant changing Java core. It would be great if there were some tools that could map those changes back to the port but I haven't found such software yet...

Good luck