status of PDF417 bit compression decoding

Don Resnik

Jan 31, 2020, 5:45:01 AM1/31/20
to zxing
Hello,

I am generally having success with zxing, but I am having trouble with certain PFD417 barcodes that I believe are using bit compression.  I am able to see the codewords and it looks like the ones that do not decode correctly all have 901 as a codeword, which I believe means bit compression.  I am running the code with my debugger to expose values.  It also looks like the ones that do not decode correctly generate similar (but not exact) patterns of garbage characters.

Are there any tips/tricks to working with PDF417 bit compressed barcodes?  Would you expect the bit compressed barcodes to decode as well as the text compressed barcodes?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Don Resnik