Request to integrate Port RSS-14 and RSS-Expanded to c++

Afrizal Chen

Aug 24, 2013, 12:51:20 PM8/24/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I ported RSS-14 and RSS-Expanded code from java to c++, you can find it at https://github.com/afrizalchen/zxing/tree/master/cpp/core/src/zxing/oned/rss.
I'm not sure If I follow zxing coding standard. I use command tool 'zxing' to test the 4 barcodes (See attachments). Two passed and the other two Y000002uF0.png and Y000002vF1.png fail.
These 4 barcodes can be scanned successfully using android. I'm no sure what's the different between the the java and c++ codes that causes this.
Thanks in advance.

Y000002ABC.png
Y000002uF0.png
Y000002vF1.png
Y000002zF5.png

Afrizal Chen

Sep 4, 2013, 11:55:03 AM9/4/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Any one? No response? :(

Sean Owen

Sep 4, 2013, 4:52:40 PM9/4/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Well, it's been 3 hours since you posted. I don't think I'd expect a reply so soon.
It's really up to whether Steven has time to look at integrating it. It's good that you have made your port available somewhere though.

Afrizal Chen

Sep 6, 2013, 2:23:20 AM9/6/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Sean for responding, I posted this on 25 Aug (almost two weeks ago). I do not expect quick response, but at least now I know this post is being seen.

Sean Owen

Sep 6, 2013, 4:29:45 AM9/6/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, I was sure it was a new message in for moderation just yesterday. The date disagrees though. It could be a weird glitch in Groups or more likely my error. Well, there you have it in any event.

Steven Parkes

Sep 6, 2013, 3:40:07 PM9/6/13
to Afrizal Chen, zx...@googlegroups.com
I keep trying to get to the stuff in my queue but server meltdowns, holiday commitments, colds, and jury duty haven't been helpful ...

On Sep 5, 2013, at 11:23 PM, Afrizal Chen <afriza...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Sean for responding, I posted this on 25 Aug (almost two weeks ago). I do not expect quick response, but at least now I know this post is being seen.
>
> --
>
> ---

Simon Wenner

Nov 29, 2013, 11:52:36 AM11/29/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi Afrizal,

Thank you for the porting. I tried your git tree and it works quiet well. I have not yet found the bug that causes these two images to fail, but I found other bugs that made some of my images fail.
The decoder is non-deterministic because several variables have no default values. Be aware that in contrast to Java, in C++ base types are not initialized implicitly to a default value.

The attached patch fixes three uninitialized variables, a memory leak and a porting error. I hope this helps.

Cheers
Simon
rss_patch.diff