Is it safe to keep the barcode scanner on for couple of minutes in regards to phone's camera health?

W.M.

Jul 4, 2015, 4:18:30 AM7/4/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com
First, thanks for this great app.

My question, is it safe for phone's camera / smart-phone in general to keep the scanner on for some time? Won't forgetting the scanner on for say half an hour damage something?

My question might be silly, but I have noticed that barcode scanner keeps adjusting and readjusting focus while searching for barcodes..

Thanks.

Sean Owen

Jul 5, 2015, 6:02:30 PM7/5/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com, contact....@gmail.com
Yeah, the only thing I'd be concerned about is wearing out the auto-focus servo motor. I don't have any info on how much if any is harmful, but clearly in normal usage you might focus for seconds per day, not half an hour. It will use so-called "continuous" focus mode if available, which might focus less often, but I'm not sure.

W.M.

Jul 6, 2015, 1:59:02 PM7/6/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com, contact....@gmail.com
Thanks very much Sean.