Re: Unqualified-id in file included from ZXBinarizer.mm

Steven Parkes

Oct 2, 2012, 7:53:27 PM10/2/12
to Stephen McMahon, zx...@googlegroups.com
> But when I passed it on to the person in charge of producing the signed ipa for enterprise distribution, who is also running Mountain Lion and the same version of Xcode, he is seeing the following parse error when compiling

Have you checked that he hasn't tweaked the build settings?

> In file included from /Users/Enterprise/iDev/iScan/Pods/ZXing/objc/src/ZXing/ZXBinarizer.mm:18:
>
> /Users/Enterprise/iDev/iScan/Pods/BuildHeaders/ZXing/ZXBinarizer.h:1:1: error: expected unqualified-id
>
> ../../ZXing/objc/src/ZXing/ZXBinarizer.h
> ^

This sounds like ZXBinarizer.h actually has the string "../../ZXing/objc/src/ZXing/ZXBinarizer.h" in it somehow. Can you make sure the source didn't get inadvertently changed?

Otherwise, you'd want to capture the compile command from Xcode on bad and good machines and see if they differ.

One of these things is likely to show the difference, I think.

> I've run out of places to try and find a solution for this including a posting on StackOverflow that got 0 responses.

Posting here is better. I try to keep up on SO postings but I'm not able to do that consistently at this point. ZXing group posts get mailed to me ...

Stephen McMahon

Oct 2, 2012, 8:57:08 PM10/2/12
to Steven Parkes, zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steven,

Thank you very much for the quick response.

I have looked at his machine via gotomeeting and have confirmed that the
files are identical to the ones on my system. I zipped the solution on my
system and as I understand, he only unzipped it on his and attempted to
compile it. I am sure that he must have opened the build settings in
order to specify a different code signing identity and I suppose that it
is possible that he may have unintentionally changed something in the
process, but I doubt very seriously that he would have adjusted the build
settings intentionally as he is not a developer of the objective-c
variety. Tomorrow I will take another look at his machine and suggest that
he start over with the original zip.

I did capture his compiler output and I have included it below. While
formulating this message, I did a successful compile on my system and
compared the output for this compiler entry in a diff/merge utility and
found that everywhere that armv7 shows up in his compile, mine shows
armv7s. I will check with him tomorrow to see why his copy of the same
project specifies a different architecture than mine. I must admit that
these project configurations are still kind of confusing and intimidating
to me.

Full Error Output:

CompileC
/Users/Enterprise/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iScan-chctilwudnlzgya
koocetjndrjqp/Build/Intermediates/Pods.build/Release-iphoneos/Pods.build/Ob
jects-normal/armv7/ZXBinarizer.o ZXing/objc/src/ZXing/ZXBinarizer.mm
normal armv7 objective-c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
cd /Users/Enterprise/iDev/iScan/Pods
setenv LANG en_US.US-ASCII
setenv PATH
"/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Dev
eloper/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:
/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolch
ain/usr/bin/clang -x objective-c++ -arch armv7 -fmessage-length=0
-Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -Os -Wno-missing-field-initializers
-Wno-missing-prototypes -Wno-return-type -Wno-implicit-atomic-properties
-Wno-receiver-is-weak -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Wno-overloaded-virtual
-Wno-exit-time-destructors -Wformat -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses
-Wswitch -Wno-unused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter
-Wno-unused-variable -Wunused-value -Wno-empty-body -Wno-uninitialized
-Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion
-Wno-shorten-64-to-32 -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-selector
-Wno-strict-selector-match -Wno-undeclared-selector
-Wno-deprecated-implementations -Wno-arc-abi -Wno-c++11-extensions
-isysroot
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Deve
loper/SDKs/iPhoneOS6.0.sdk -Wprotocol -Wdeprecated-declarations
-Winvalid-offsetof -g -Wno-sign-conversion
"-DIBOutlet=__attribute__((iboutlet))"
"-DIBOutletCollection(ClassName)=__attribute__((iboutletcollection(ClassNam
e)))" "-DIBAction=void)__attribute__((ibaction)"
-miphoneos-version-min=4.3 -iquote
/Users/Enterprise/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iScan-chctilwudnlzgya
koocetjndrjqp/Build/Intermediates/Pods.build/Release-iphoneos/Pods.build/Po
ds-generated-files.hmap
-I/Users/Enterprise/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iScan-chctilwudnlzg
yakoocetjndrjqp/Build/Intermediates/Pods.build/Release-iphoneos/Pods.build/
Pods-own-target-headers.hmap
-I/Users/Enterprise/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iScan-chctilwudnlzg
yakoocetjndrjqp/Build/Intermediates/Pods.build/Release-iphoneos/Pods.build/
Pods-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote
/Users/Enterprise/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iScan-chctilwudnlzgya
koocetjndrjqp/Build/Intermediates/Pods.build/Release-iphoneos/Pods.build/Po
ds-project-headers.hmap
-I/Users/Enterprise/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iScan-chctilwudnlzg
yakoocetjndrjqp/Build/Products/Release-iphoneos/include
-I/Users/Enterprise/iDev/iScan/Pods/ZXing/cpp/core/src
-I/Users/Enterprise/iDev/iScan/Pods/ZXing/iphone/ZXingWidget/Classes
-I/Users/Enterprise/iDev/iScan/Pods/BuildHeaders
-I/Users/Enterprise/iDev/iScan/Pods/BuildHeaders/AFNetworking
-I/Users/Enterprise/iDev/iScan/Pods/BuildHeaders/MBProgressHUD
-I/Users/Enterprise/iDev/iScan/Pods/BuildHeaders/ZXing
-I/Users/Enterprise/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iScan-chctilwudnlzg
yakoocetjndrjqp/Build/Intermediates/Pods.build/Release-iphoneos/Pods.build/
DerivedSources/armv7
-I/Users/Enterprise/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iScan-chctilwudnlzg
yakoocetjndrjqp/Build/Intermediates/Pods.build/Release-iphoneos/Pods.build/
DerivedSources
-F/Users/Enterprise/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iScan-chctilwudnlzg
yakoocetjndrjqp/Build/Products/Release-iphoneos -IZXing/cpp/core/src/
-include
/Users/Enterprise/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iScan-chctilwudnlzgya
koocetjndrjqp/Build/Intermediates/PrecompiledHeaders/Pods-prefix-coxwamkptd
zxlchlaehjygchctwh/Pods-prefix.pch -MMD -MT dependencies -MF
/Users/Enterprise/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iScan-chctilwudnlzgya
koocetjndrjqp/Build/Intermediates/Pods.build/Release-iphoneos/Pods.build/Ob
jects-normal/armv7/ZXBinarizer.d --serialize-diagnostics
/Users/Enterprise/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iScan-chctilwudnlzgya
koocetjndrjqp/Build/Intermediates/Pods.build/Release-iphoneos/Pods.build/Ob
jects-normal/armv7/ZXBinarizer.dia -c
/Users/Enterprise/iDev/iScan/Pods/ZXing/objc/src/ZXing/ZXBinarizer.mm -o
/Users/Enterprise/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iScan-chctilwudnlzgya
koocetjndrjqp/Build/Intermediates/Pods.build/Release-iphoneos/Pods.build/Ob
jects-normal/armv7/ZXBinarizer.o

In file included from
/Users/Enterprise/iDev/iScan/Pods/ZXing/objc/src/ZXing/ZXBinarizer.mm:18:
/Users/Enterprise/iDev/iScan/Pods/BuildHeaders/ZXing/ZXBinarizer.h:1:1:
error: expected unqualified-id
../../ZXing/objc/src/ZXing/ZXBinarizer.h
^
1 error generated.

--
Stephen L. McMahon
ste...@slmcmahon.com

Steven Parkes

Oct 2, 2012, 9:16:16 PM10/2/12
to Stephen McMahon, zx...@googlegroups.com
> In file included from
> /Users/Enterprise/iDev/iScan/Pods/ZXing/objc/src/ZXing/ZXBinarizer.mm:18:
> /Users/Enterprise/iDev/iScan/Pods/BuildHeaders/ZXing/ZXBinarizer.h:1:1:
> error: expected unqualified-id
> ../../ZXing/objc/src/ZXing/ZXBinarizer.h
> ^
> 1 error generated.

This is weird (to me). I'm not sure what setting you're using that sticks something in a directory called BuildHeaders. I'd look and see if that file is junked (but I don't know how it's created/managed in any case.)

Stephen McMahon

Oct 3, 2012, 2:53:21 PM10/3/12
to Steven Parkes, zx...@googlegroups.com
Steven,

I believe that this folder is something that CocoaPods sets up, but I'm not familiar enough with it to say. It worked perfectly on my system but I am not able to fight with this other guy's system any longer, so I am going to go ahead and wire up the dependences as described in the ZXing README and try to deliver it that way.

Thanks again for your responses here. I will post back here either way with my results!

Stephen
--
Stephen McMahon
ste...@slmcmahon.com