Support only Android 2.3.3+ / API 10+ after this release

Sean Owen

May 1, 2013, 12:27:42 PM5/1/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Finally: I propose to only support Android 2.3.3+ / API 10+ for Barcode Scanner after this release. These are already about 6% of phones and dropping, and by the time of next release in 3-6 months, which is the first time this would matter, that will be smaller still. Of course the current release remains available to older devices.

This would simplify the code a little, and let the app enable more modern Android 4+ behaviors by default. For example, this would give things the newer Holo theme by default on Android 4 and enable the real action bar. It would be a bit easier to support going forward.

As always: open for thoughts.

chris pick

May 1, 2013, 12:45:29 PM5/1/13
to Sean Owen, zxing

Sounds good to me... I am doing the same thing in my apps

--

---