By source I mean ISO specs for different formats, they specify RS algo differently.
But OK, not really bugs, more opportunities for improvement. :)
Identified and fixed the following:
- The RSEncoder worked only for QR code.
- The "noError" shortcut in RSDecoder sometimes didn't work on Aztec codes, getting into the euclidian solver unnecessarily.
- The RSDecoder had some barcode-specific workarounds (shouldn't the RS algorithm be universal?)
- RS code is now exercised thoroughly to verify the key error-fixing capability up to X/2 words for X check words.
- Added Aztec Encoder. Supports compact and full symbols.
- pom.xml - specified java version as 1.6 instead of 6 - for Maven doesn't matter, but mvn eclipse plugin supports only 1.6 notation.
- Added ImageWriter class for quick PNG and GIF writing to a file or byte array
Disclaimer: this is very very alpha. I use it to generate fairly small symbols, which seems to work fine. Large symbols are mostly untested except for the encode-decode round-trip which seems to work OK.