Seeking Sean Owen through zxing /Barcode

Doug Gordon

Jan 27, 2021, 5:06:47 PM1/27/21
to zxing
Please forward if you know Sean Owen through zxing
Sean Owen, Software Engineer

Hi Sean
I saw your post on Reddit referring you your Barcode Contents at https://github.com/zxing/zxing/wiki/Barcode-Contents

I have created a few qrcodes just to see how they work and what can be included into them.  It seems as though all the qrcode generators can send you to a vcard, pdf, webpage but they all require the camera owner to  scan the qrcode and tap the link.  As qrcode generator have become open source, such as https://awesomeopensource.com/projects/qr-code and https://github.com/nayuki/QR-Code-generator

Do you know enough about coding to look at a open source qrcode generator to know if it can be modified to add a click to the link so it opens and displays the pdf, vcard or webpage on the person's mobile phone without tapping?

Thanks for the Barcode Contents Github article. I didn't know of any other group to contact you.

Best Regards, Doug Gordon
Vancouver BC Canada

Sean Owen

Jan 27, 2021, 5:12:09 PM1/27/21
to zxing
You found me. I don't know anything about any open source encoders / decoders except the ones in this project:

If you control the decoder, I suppose you can make it do whatever you want, sure, like automatically follow a hyperlink or decode / display the linked resource.