Re: Unable to get ScanTest to capture under iOS 6

Steven Parkes

Sep 25, 2012, 9:14:48 AM9/25/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Two separate issues.

The console error sounds like ScanTest needs to be updated. I don't have an iOS 6 device to test on but I'll try to look at it anyway.

The ISBN issue is because iOS doesn't have support for 1D codes enabled. See the FAQ:

http://code.google.com/p/zxing/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

SpokaneDude

Sep 25, 2012, 10:50:37 AM9/25/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
RATS!  I don't have the time or knowledge to port the Java code... I'll keep checking back to see if it's done.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.  I appreciate it.

SpokaneDude

Sep 25, 2012, 10:56:25 AM9/25/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Steven... can you point me to the Java 1D code?  I might as well take a look at it, and if you say it's not too hard, give it a try...

Thanks...

Steven Parkes

Sep 25, 2012, 12:32:13 PM9/25/12
to SpokaneDude, zx...@googlegroups.com

On Sep 25, 2012, at 7:56 AM, SpokaneDude wrote:

> can you point me to the Java 1D code?

I'm not really all that up on 1D codes but it looks like ISBNs are EAN13, so the Java code is in

http://code.google.com/p/zxing/source/browse/trunk/core/src/com/google/zxing/oned/EAN13Reader.java

and the C++ code (which the iOS port uses) is in

http://code.google.com/p/zxing/source/browse/trunk/cpp/core/src/zxing/oned/EAN13Reader.cpp

These rely on additional base classes.

You could just try enabling the 1D code and see how well it works and then look for differences if it's inadequate. The C++ code was ported from the C++ code (I think) so it should be similar but it hasn't been kept up to date.