Re: Barcode Scanner app crashes on load

Message has been deleted

Sean Owen

Oct 3, 2013, 8:52:00 AM10/3/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
OK. This is an error from your app. You're not checking whether Barcode Scanner is installed, among other things. https://code.google.com/p/zxing/wiki/ScanningViaIntent

Neharika Padala

Oct 3, 2013, 9:00:31 AM10/3/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sean for the reply.  I am very new to this app.  Can you please explain me how to sort those errors. I am replaced the Intents .java file with the given link.

Sean Owen

Oct 3, 2013, 9:06:42 AM10/3/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
The StackOverflowError is an error in your code; nobody can help with that just by looking. You made some changes to the code and they broke it.

Neharika Padala

Oct 3, 2013, 9:09:28 AM10/3/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
SO what option do I have now. How should I proceed to make my code working?
Message has been deleted

Neharika Padala

Oct 4, 2013, 12:20:25 AM10/4/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am attaching the MultiFormatReader.java file. The Stack overflow error is most probably in this file. Please let me know if anything is wrong in there
MultiFormatReader.java

Neharika Padala

Oct 4, 2013, 2:27:36 AM10/4/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
My barcode is working perfectly. I have removed all the errors. I am successfully able to scan a barcode. Now I want to retrieve the barcode value. Can you please assist me how can I do that.

Thanks in advance.

Sean Owen

Oct 4, 2013, 5:27:23 AM10/4/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
As I told you offline: this is not our code. It's your code. Our code works. You changed it, and it doesn't work. You need to fix your code. Asking again is just wasting people's time.