Modifying stacked barcode so each "column" of module is also barcode

Blair Jia

Jan 23, 2021, 4:31:38 AM1/23/21
to zxing
Hi all,

I'm looking to modify a stacked barcode scheme (ie. PDF417) such that in addition to building codewords across rows (horizontally), I'd also like to specify:

1) the number of bits (black boxes) per column
2) have each column also be an error-correcting code (ie. Hamming (4,7))

Not sure if this borders algebraic coding theory. I'd love to hear how others have previously "modified" a symbology for their  personal projects - I have a feeling this may already a solution to this? Advice and feedback greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Blair