zxing for Java 1.5

Guilherme Bazilio Garcia de Freitas

Aug 21, 2015, 9:04:51 AM8/21/15
to zxing
Hi guys! I'm new to zxing and I need to make it run on Java 1.5. I was trying to get older versions that I could compile using JDK 1.5 but I didn't find any.

All I get is UnsupportedClassVersion: Bad version number.

Can you guys please help me with that?

Thanks!

Sean Owen

Aug 21, 2015, 12:51:35 PM8/21/15
to zxing
I don't think the code has supported Java 5 in a couple years, but it did a long time ago. Java 5 is so old at this point that I think you'd be better off finding ways to move to 7 or beyond. Even Oracle won't support it now for paying customers.

Guilherme Bazilio Garcia de Freitas

Aug 21, 2015, 1:52:14 PM8/21/15
to zxing
On Friday, August 21, 2015 at 1:51:35 PM UTC-3, Sean Owen wrote:
> I don't think the code has supported Java 5 in a couple years, but it did a long time ago. Java 5 is so old at this point that I think you'd be better off finding ways to move to 7 or beyond. Even Oracle won't support it now for paying customers.

Hi Sean,

I understand and totally agree with you although I don't think my customer agree with us and probably they gonna take a long time to upgrade their JDK. =( Sad story! Haha

However, while they take their time, I'm trying some alternative ways of delivering them a barcode generator SDK. (We embbed zxing in our product to generate barcodes) Do you have any idea of how I could achieve it? Btw, isn't there any public repo with zxing jdk1.5 compatbile or at least a maven repository/sourceforge or something like that??

Thanks!