Re: ZXing scan from web no longer working...

Message has been deleted

Sean Owen

Feb 7, 2013, 11:25:26 AM2/7/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
No, nothing has changed. It may be something changed in Android. But most likely, you chose one time to handle the link in the browser and now it's always handling it. Clear the browser apps' assocations.

Gio P

Feb 7, 2013, 11:45:56 AM2/7/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Just tried what you had mentioned.  However, it didn't help any.  it just brings me to this page:

with the rest of my link, but doesn't activate the scanner.  I have an incredible 2 running Android 2.3.4...  I really boggles my mind because it was working a few months ago, and now that we need this project to work it isn't.  I haven't made any updates to the phone either, as none have come in for it.  Perhaps something in the code of the QR reader no longer lets it activate?

At this point, I'm grasping at straws, I feel.

Gio P

Feb 7, 2013, 12:04:37 PM2/7/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
One more thing, on the iPhone, the suggested link also goes nowhere.  My user told me that he received the message, 'Safari cannot open the requested page'.

Sean Owen

Feb 7, 2013, 12:05:40 PM2/7/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
You can try the alternate zxing:// syntax.
Nothing has changed in the app and it works on my device. It's either something local, or some difference in your version of Android.

Gio P

Feb 7, 2013, 1:00:49 PM2/7/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I've found the problem... it does not appear to work on iPhones that have not been upgraded, and it also occurs on Android devices that are under version 2.4.3... however, in the past, this was not an issue.  I only hope that a workaround can be found.  Thank you.

Gio P

Feb 7, 2013, 1:39:41 PM2/7/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I've attempted your suggestion zing:// syntax:

and now the Droid just stays on the same page.  I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, cleared all settings, restarted my phone, and now almost at a point where I'm considering factory reset.

any suggestions?

Sean Owen

Feb 7, 2013, 2:58:43 PM2/7/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I am running Android 4 for what it's worth, but the Manifest declaration works on 2.x just fine. It was created in the era of 1.x.
Both forms work on my device.

I wonder if you actually have Barcode Scanner installed, check basic stuff like that, like whether it isn't some other clone app.