Decoding from file via intent

Barry

Dec 14, 2014, 3:31:54 PM12/14/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I need to decode UPC and EAN barcodes from an image file (JPG or PNG) from my application without user interaction. Using intents seems to be the solution.

Is there documentation that describes the features available when using intents?

For example, I would need to specify an image file name (probably in one of the PutExtras) and it would be nice to specify a timeout where it would report Unsuccessful so my invoking app is not left hanging forever waiting for a decode.

Are these capabilities available in the free version or by purchasing and installing the plus version on each device?

Thanks,
Barry.

Sean Owen

Dec 14, 2014, 4:26:31 PM12/14/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, it doesn't work that way. I think it would be a minor security risk even.