Project moved to Github

Sean Owen

Jan 18, 2014, 9:01:16 AM1/18/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
The project has now moved to Github: https://github.com/zxing/zxing

The same repo is in use that previously served as a mirror to the project at http://code.google.com/p/zxing, so existing forks are unaffected.

All new issues and commits should go to Github, and the Google Code SVN will not be updated further. SVN will remain available for historical purposes. I disabled commit access to SVN, but anyone who needs commit access can be given push access too.

I made this change since many developers are interested in using Git and Github, and indeed it does make collaboration easier. Google Code is becoming an aging platform, and no longer allows posting of release downloads as of this week.

Romain Péchayre

Jan 18, 2014, 10:12:29 AM1/18/14
to Sean Owen, zx...@googlegroups.com
I Sean. Great news. May I suggest adopting a github flow and have all changes integrated though pull requests, be them from core committers or external people. Then the role of core committers (people having push access to zxing/zxing) would be limited to merging pull requests. This is how many open source github projects work.

As far as I am concerned, since I only have been involved in the now retired iPhone package, I do not need to have any push access as a zxing core committer. It has been a great pleasure to work on this project though and I will continue following it.

Kind regards,
--
Romain Péchayre

Sean Owen

Jan 18, 2014, 10:21:52 AM1/18/14
to Romain Péchayre, ZXing
Sounds good to me. Pull requests are obviously great and I can be good
at reviewing them I hope.

I tend to sinfully allow myself to push things directly to master,
which I think isn't a too-big deal (and is much faster for me). But I
would always respect the invariant that master should be deployable.
Anything complex belongs on a branch.