Timeout Setting

Holger Ahrens

Apr 6, 2016, 10:35:44 AM4/6/16
to zxing
Feature Request ...

How do you think about a setting to quit the application after a specified time of activity ?

My problem is, if will be interrupted when I started the scan, the imager takes lots of power. That makes the cellphone loose power faster and makes it warm, too.

If you could set a timeout of inactivity, a.e. 10 minutes. After this timeout the Imager dis- and a message appears. The messages reads "Touch screen to reactivate Imager" or "Shake device to reactivate Imager"

Sean Owen

Apr 6, 2016, 12:01:36 PM4/6/16
to zxing
It will already stop after 5 minutes actually. This isn't too long, but long enough for some use cases where the camera is intended to stay for long periods to scan a bunch of barcodes in bulk.

Holger Ahrens

Apr 6, 2016, 12:29:15 PM4/6/16
to zxing
@owen: Hmmm, I tried this. But the Imager is still active after more than 15 minutes. (Maybe important: My Screensaver is off). But - well - I will try to help myself with the screensaver, which should shutdown the imager, I hope.

I will examine this again tomorrow. But - thanks for you fast reply :-)