Beginner interested in modifying and redistributing zxing code.

basiclaser

Jun 12, 2014, 4:54:07 PM6/12/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi there! I am looking to make a slightly different QR code system, using some basis or API to learn from and potentially use as I go.

Can I modify the functionality of QR codes in general and the ZXing libraries for commercial ends? I am happy to accredit the work of the ZXing team of course.

Thanks for any resource links or direct responses.

Sean Owen

Jun 12, 2014, 6:06:58 PM6/12/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that's quite permitted by the open source license, which is the standard Apache License 2.0. Read it for the exact details of what you need to do when redistribution source or object code. Here are some further notes: https://github.com/zxing/zxing/wiki/License-Questions

basiclaser

Jun 15, 2014, 5:19:56 AM6/15/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sean! I'll get right on those links.

While I've got your attention, do you know anywhere I could read about the use of 'multiple colours' in barcodes, and how that can potentionally increase capacity?

Thanks for your time.

Sean Owen

Jun 15, 2014, 10:07:54 AM6/15/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com