Re: zxing-android features list

Sean Owen

Jul 14, 2012, 5:20:55 AM7/14/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.zxing.client.android has most of it, not every single thing. What are you looking for?

SaryAssad

Jul 14, 2012, 5:28:49 AM7/14/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I'm aware of the barcode scanner app, however I need a list of all features available in the zxing library.
Reason: We're thinking of reusing the zxing/barcode scanner code in our application and we need the list to decide which features to incorporate in our app.

Another question, is it a true definition to say that your barcode scanner app is an app the uses zxing library and exposes some of its features in its own UI?

Thanks,
Sary

Sean Owen

Jul 14, 2012, 9:20:00 AM7/14/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Not really sure what you mean... this is too broad to answer. I'm not going to write down 100 things it does.

You should decide what you want to do, then find a way to do it, not the other way around. It sounds like your thinking of copying Barcode Scanner, which is strongly discouraged. Please try to innovate by making your own app.

core/ is not an app and does not have end-user features. android/ uses core/.

SaryAssad

Jul 14, 2012, 9:37:28 AM7/14/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Of course I'm not asking you to write me a list of the features. I'm just wondering if there is an already "written" features list which I can check.

And no I'm not thinking of copying the barcode scanner. Sorry if I made it sound like that. I just need to see what features are available, I'll have my own features, make use of some of the existing ones, and I'll design my own end-user interface.

Thanks for your help.