Improving Zxing by Zoom

pl qa

Jul 29, 2017, 6:41:02 AM7/29/17
to zxing
Hi,

I had done some works on recognizing Mark in far distance, based on Zxing-Android and Camera2 API.

My result is the best way is to zoom the image.

However, the image quality is not clear if the level is zoom is high.

Can anyone give me a advise to improve the image quality after zoom.

Thank you in advance.

The attachment is the zoomed-image of mark, whose data is (0x11) and two Reed-Solomon coded bytes on GenericGF.QR_CODE_FIELD_256.

Code for Binarizer is as:
PlanarYUVLuminanceSource source = new PlanarYUVLuminanceSource(yuvBytesY, widthNew, heightNew);

bitmap = new BinaryBitmap(new HybridBinarizer(source));

bMatrix = bitmap.getBlackMatrix();

yuv.png

pl qa

Jul 29, 2017, 8:01:23 AM7/29/17
to zxing
The yuv file is also attached. It can be viewed by the tool.
screenyuv.JPG
yuv.yuv

Sean Owen

Aug 11, 2017, 5:25:37 AM8/11/17
to zxing
Digital zoom won't help at all, because it's not actually getting a more detailed image. Optical zoom would.