Re: EPS Output - Again...

Sean Owen

Feb 6, 2013, 11:27:24 AM2/6/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Chuck: this is a logical barcode generator at best, not an image processing library. In fact, all the library does here is delegate to Java's image library for output, as an afterthought for convenience. You can try changing the code to output format "EPS" to see if it works, but I doubt it does.

"Why" remains a good question -- you didn't articulate any answer, or provide a patch, but didn't hesitate to pretend it was some kind of cover-up. You understand that raster formats already scale infinitely for a QR code because it is just blocks? so it also vectorizes perfectly? did you try any conversion tools, like the free online ones you can find by searching?

I bet you could find a way to write the EPS commands directly to describe blocks, yes. You can write that code, or you can hire someone to do it. You can try to convince someone here to care to do it, and would start by answering the above points. Until then, why would someone implement this?