Re: Mac app for QR code decoding using Zxing

Sean Owen

Jun 19, 2012, 4:46:48 AM6/19/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the easiest thing to do is write a Java app. Then it works anywhere. Second-easiest is to try to reuse the iPhone code. You would have to write the app framework; the scanning is done for you.

Najmul Islam

Jun 19, 2012, 7:45:12 AM6/19/12
to Sean Owen, zx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sean for writing back.I infact tried using iPhone code but unsuccessful.
Did you ever try implementing  ?

--
Do good to all
         &

Steven Parkes

Jun 19, 2012, 10:22:35 AM6/19/12
to nazi_tech11, zx...@googlegroups.com
On Jun 18, 2012, at 9:19 PM, nazi_tech11 wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has tried implementing Zxing for a mac app ? I am a novice and want to generate both QR as well as bar code using Zxing for a Mac app that I am working on.
> Please help.

Are you just trying to generate codes, not read them?

Najmul Islam

Jun 19, 2012, 10:26:08 AM6/19/12
to Steven Parkes, zx...@googlegroups.com
Yes only generation as of now.
There are some hardwares which can read the bar code and can throw the value at the cursor.

I want to implement this using an external USB camera.I heard that reading via iSight camera is quite easy, not sure how will it behave with external cam.

Thanks,
Najmul

Steven Parkes

Jun 19, 2012, 10:37:40 AM6/19/12
to Najmul Islam, zx...@googlegroups.com

On Jun 19, 2012, at 7:26 AM, Najmul Islam wrote:

> Yes only generation as of now.
> There are some hardwares which can read the bar code and can throw the value at the cursor.

zxing does not include encoders for any 1D codes: only qr and pdf417 and the core C++ code (which the objective c code is based on) does not include either of these.

A port of the qr encoder was recently mentioned: see https://groups.google.com/d/topic/zxing/9YE0Yf7SaZ8/discussion and https://groups.google.com/d/msg/zxing/ItnS-rLPAfk/vy7ZaVtSwpMJ.