Re: Problems Tablet titan 7010

Sean Owen

Nov 8, 2012, 10:05:23 AM11/8/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
The problem with off-brand Android devices is usually driver bugs: the camera's image is flipped, or bad image format, etc. Unless you can provide a much more specific analysis of the problem I don't think there's any appetite to investigate, since it is almost surely a device bug.

Diana Bolaños

Nov 8, 2012, 10:22:33 AM11/8/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com

wiht all the respect you deserve, I think the app could be better; because there's another app wich could read qr in my tablet, so I think that you can improve more your app making better for all the android devices.

Sean Owen

Nov 8, 2012, 11:46:49 AM11/8/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Maybe, maybe not, it doesn't mean there's an app bug. It is almost always a device problem, and it is not a goal to support buggy devices. Please use whatever works for you.

Beyond that, there is no real information here to go on besides "doesn't work": it's not possible to help more without detail.

Marcelo Corvezola

Nov 10, 2012, 1:26:02 AM11/10/12
to Sean Owen, zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diana - Most of these use the RK29 chipset, however they sometimes carry variations of the same firmware/ROM this might be the issue.

As Sean said, I would need more info as to how you are encountering the problem. An logcat output would be great.

In the meantime I did some very basic tests (no debugging) and I was able to get it to work on a Titan 7010 using BarcodeScanner3.72 HOWEVER under settings, I checked the "enable front facing camera", but I used the rear facing camera and it scanned.

Where did you get the device? from a distributer, or retail store.  It might not be so much a device bug, but perhaps a bug / issue at the ROM level.

Sean Owen

Nov 10, 2012, 6:35:41 AM11/10/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
That's good info Marcelo. You're really using the old 3.72 version?
My guess again is that the newer app is setting some camera params that cause the driver to croak. This is the form most ROM bugs take. The app 100% checks by the API what can be set and can't, but it doesn't mean the device works.
aLogcat will help show that. If it's the case, at least you know you can use an old version, or, figure out what bit you could comment out to make your own build for this tablet.