Aztec and PDF 417 beta status

Tommi A

Sep 17, 2014, 12:31:56 PM9/17/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sean,

can you tell me why the support of Aztec and PDF 417 are marked as beta? Are there known issues with those two formats?

I'm also particularly interested how this relates to ZXingObjC.

Thanks for the excellent library!

BR,
Tommi

Sean Owen

Sep 21, 2014, 9:23:02 AM9/21/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I think it is largely that the error correction is not entirely complete. Other than that, no known issues. There is no more development going into the code unless from submitted patches, so it will be as it is for a while I imagine. I don't know what ZXingObjC is.

Francesco Locorriere

Jun 3, 2020, 11:04:51 AM6/3/20
to zxing
Hi, I didn't find any updated topics about this question so I reply here.

I see that Aztec format is still in beta, I'm searching for info about why. The problem is still for the completion of error correction?

Sean Owen

Jul 15, 2020, 4:09:50 PM7/15/20
to zxing
I should probably take the 'beta' label off as it is what it is, and works pretty OK. I think there are a few bugs here and there but in the main, it's fine. There's no active development here anyway.