Code 128 generic barcode not read

Manjari Mishra

Dec 23, 2020, 8:55:06 AM12/23/20
to zxing
Hi all,
 I have a generic “SEPARATOR” barcode ( Code 128 ) thats not being read by zxing / online decoder.
I have the image zipped and attached .
SEPARATOR_1 (2).zip

Sean Owen

Dec 23, 2020, 9:58:53 AM12/23/20
to Manjari Mishra, zxing
Are you sure that's Code 128 and valid? that doesn't look quite right, looking at the guard patterns at either end.

Manjari Mishra

Dec 23, 2020, 11:16:16 AM12/23/20
to Sean Owen, zxing
 Do you know if there is some tool that could analyze problems like this with barcodes and provide some information to diagnose such issues ?
  I was told these were created using a barcode font.  Since I don't know the standard process for creating barcodes myself , if you could suggest some tool to create valid barcodes that would be great .

Thanks.

Sean Owen

Dec 23, 2020, 11:17:39 AM12/23/20
to Manjari Mishra, zxing
You probably have to 'type' the guard patterns at the start and end too. I'm not sure how that font works. But it is more than just the bars representing characters; there's a checksum too. Just use a generator tool.

Manjari Mishra

Dec 23, 2020, 12:40:47 PM12/23/20
to Sean Owen, zxing
Thanks, I'll check it out.