Re: Can't read Code 128A with BarcodeScanner and so can't use it as intent

Lachezar Dobrev

Oct 12, 2012, 5:30:32 AM10/12/12
to Роман Кисленок, zx...@googlegroups.com
This print-out seems broken.
Please observe, that the thinnest black line is not the same width
as the thinnest white line. The white and black lines should be the
same width (multiplied by 1, 2, 3 or 4). This one is wrong. See the
right-most black-white-black-white-black series. The black line in the
middle should be the same width as the white spaces around it, and
that's obviously not the case.

2012/10/12 Роман Кисленок <kisleno...@gmail.com>

> Hello!
>
> Is it possible to read Code 128A codes with Zxing?
>
> Here is barcode photo:
>
> Params: code128A, len=13, decoded = 26B8AWQ000426

Роман Кисленок

Oct 19, 2012, 2:27:11 AM10/19/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com, Роман Кисленок
Thank you, Lachezar

It's strange that this barcode is broken. In my company we use this codes for a while with laser scanners and they are work.
Also it seems that on-line barcode scanners (from photo) can parse the code. May be there are some params to handle ZXing tolerance?

Sean Owen

Oct 19, 2012, 3:43:52 AM10/19/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com, Роман Кисленок
Are you sure it is exactly images like this you are scanning, and that it is not simply the image that is distorted? I can't see the original, but the problem Lachezar describes is an image artifact, which suggests so.

Lachezar Dobrev

Oct 19, 2012, 10:57:12 AM10/19/12
to Роман Кисленок, zx...@googlegroups.com
Right...
For the sake of test I printed the bar-code on paper, and tried with
my laser bar-code reader: FAIL. The bar-code could not be read
(although it was printed on an A4 sheet of paper).

I did notice, that the image you posted was very low resolution
(320x200), and some lines are lost in transit (they get blurred so bad
they almost disappear).

Please take a higher resolution image of the bar-code, so that we
can check for any other reason. I may be wrong!