Re: Compact PDF417 Decode

Sean Owen

Apr 25, 2013, 1:31:43 PM4/25/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
In the end, what's needed is a patch against HEAD in Subversion. If you have a good clean patch that ports this decoding to C# you can post it as an issue and I can commit.
You'll need to work from HEAD rather than a branch though if you want to commit it back.

Guenther Grau

Apr 25, 2013, 7:14:52 PM4/25/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I wouldn't recommend using the master branch as a starting point. I use it as my main development branch (yeah, I know I shouldn't). It's not always stable and contains a lot of debugging code and versions of test implementations. You can look at

https://github.com/graug/zxing/tree/mergeBranch

or maybe even better wait to see if Sean integrates my changes into the svn HEAD.

Best regards,

  Guenther

On Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:23:07 PM UTC+2, Stephen Furlani wrote:
Hello,

I need Compact PDF417 decoding on CSharp/Xamarin (Specifically ones for CAC cards http://www.cac.mil/docs/technical_announcements/ref1-DMDC_Technical_Bulletin_barcode_SSN+Reduction_v1%2020Dec2011.pdf).  I see support for encoding exists already.

In my searching, I noticed that Guenther Grau has branched the Java Core source here (https://github.com/graug/zxing/tree/master/core/src/com/google/zxing/pdf417).

Because I need this I'm more than willing to do the work and contribute back to ZXing.  How can I best go about this?

-Stephen Furlani