Using ZXing

Stefan Haselwanter

Oct 9, 2015, 9:07:08 AM10/9/15
to zxing
Hi!

I am currently working on my bachelor thesis about "how digital signatures can increase security of 2D barcode ticketing systems" and I have to develop a mobile prototype (smartphone app) which is able to create and verify digital signatures on 2D barcodes. Therefore, I want to integrate a digital signature in a 2D barcode especially QR-Code.

So, I have two questions:
1.) Is it possible to use ZXing for a QR-code-generator and -scanner in general?
2.) Could I use ZXing to extend the functionalities of both an usually QR-code-generator and QR-code-scanner?

Best regards,
Stefan

Sean Owen

Oct 9, 2015, 9:59:29 AM10/9/15
to zxing
It's a barcode scanning / encoding project; yes of course it can be used to read/write QR codes. You can modify it to do what you want; it's open source. Are you asking something else?

Stefan Haselwanter

Oct 9, 2015, 10:21:15 AM10/9/15
to zxing
Am Freitag, 9. Oktober 2015 15:59:29 UTC+2 schrieb Sean Owen:
> It's a barcode scanning / encoding project; yes of course it can be used to read/write QR codes. You can modify it to do what you want; it's open source. Are you asking something else?

Nope! That's all, THANKS!