PDF417 running on JavaSE and Android different results

GIOVANNY VELEZ

Jul 30, 2014, 9:45:17 PM7/30/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hello, when i scan a PDF417 barcode with the Android app it shows the text expected for me, but in a Java SE app i scan the same barcode and it returns a binary code but cannot show the expected string.

I've tried different string encodings (US-ASCII, UTF-8, UTF-16, ISO-8859-1, CP1252,and others). Originally it is in UTF-8, but i don't know what else to do.

Thank you in advance for any help.

GIOVANNY VELEZ

Jul 30, 2014, 11:35:23 PM7/30/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Here i attach the barcode files used to test, both contains the same barcode but are processed differently and gives the same result.
PDF417_CODE.png
PDF417_CODE.jpg

Sean Owen

Jul 31, 2014, 4:20:54 AM7/31/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Well, with the Android app, you are not scanning this image, but a large number of images of the image. One image may not decode but the next might.