Barcode Scanner app locks up on iPhone

adam johnston

Sep 11, 2013, 2:08:33 AM9/11/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm launching the Barcode scanner app on an iPhone 4S from a web app using a URL in the form

zxing://scan/?ret=http%3A%2F%2Ffoo.com%2Fproducts%2F%7BCODE%7D%2Fdescription&SCAN_FORMATS=UPC_A,EAN_13

If you start web app then hit this URL all I get is a white screen and the barcode scanner app locks up.  If you start the barcode scanner app first then start the web app then the scanner works OK and returns to the correct web app page after scanning. This is not ideal as the end user will not know to have to start the barcode scanner app first.

It is the latest version of the Barcode Scanner app (V1.1) as far as I know (recent download from iTunes).

Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?

I note that it works fine on iPad and Android.

Regards
Adam

Adam Johnston CIBIS

Oct 2, 2013, 2:16:44 AM10/2/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
FYI I believe its because of the Touch to Scan button that appears when app is first open.  This flashes up on screen briefly then I get the white screen.  It appears the app is still waiting for the Touch to Scan button to be pressed but you can no longer get to the button because of the white screen.  If you start the app first then click the Touch to Scan and leave the app in the background it works ok.

I've given up on this app however. The Scan.Me app works much more reliably.