Re: beginner question: scan multiple QR codes from single image with position / rotation

Sean Owen

Feb 22, 2013, 9:08:20 AM2/22/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
http://whathaveyoutried.com

On Friday, February 22, 2013 2:01:47 PM UTC, Ben_ wrote:
Hi There,

I am an absolute beginner on this ... please have mercy.

I need to build a funcionality (not nessessarily on android - can be performed on a server after image upload or similar) to get the following:
a) Input a jpeg file
b) scan the image for an (unknown) number of QR codes
c) get the content and the position (X and Y in pixels, rot) for each detected barcode
d) do something with it - write it to a file, store in an array, perform a web request with the data

I stumbled acrosss QRCodeMultiReader but I haven't found an example of it doing this.

If there is an idiots guide with a working example for this somewhere on the net i'd be thankful!

Ben_

Feb 22, 2013, 9:42:04 AM2/22/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your short answer, Sean. I am sorry Sean. I want to determine if something like this is easily possible using zxing (since I do not plan to use zxing for much else). When I stated that I am an absolute beginner I implied that I have not yet done anything with zxing. I have the feeling that what I want to do is a basic thing and there will be something 80 to 90 % similar on the net - only I seem not to be able to find it. It could be that there is a debian package ready to be used from the command line which is already sufficient. If I can solve my problem with a bash script, I will stay away from building my own application for that task.

I thought the question would not be seen as "Can you write me that code?". But rather "Hi I want to understand this - is there a basic CRUD example in xyz? I have not seen an example and would be glad if you could point me in the right direction."

I understand that you will not spend days on my problem. I am perfectly fine with:
"Just google SOMEKEYWORD"
"Easily possible, approx 5 lines of code."
"RTFM --> over there"
"This is not a standard thing to do, better look for something else."

What have I tried: I have loked at http://zxing.org/w/docs/javadoc/com/google/zxing/multi/qrcode/QRCodeMultiReader.html but did not find use cases.

Thank you for your time and have a nice weekend!

Sean Owen

Feb 22, 2013, 11:22:47 AM2/22/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
It is fairly straightforward: there are two methods in the class that operate like the rest of the API. BinaryBitmap in -- several Result objects out. Have a look at any of the other places where a BinaryBitmap is decoded; same thing. This is why I'm asking you to try to get that far first.

You can try --multi in the CommandLineRunner program, but, that's only applying the general process for finding several barcodes. If you know it's QR codes, this class is a bit better.