Anyone knows why we cant scan this particular barcode. The other hand scanners can scan it easily

Edi

Jun 19, 2018, 10:32:05 AM6/19/18
to zxing
Attached the unscanable barcode. Any ideas how we overcome this?
Thanks,
Edi
unscanable.jpg

Sean Owen

Jun 25, 2018, 3:49:42 PM6/25/18
to zxing
You can see there are some printing glitches; extra very thin white bars in the middle of black bars. I am pretty sure this is it. If you lightly blur the image it decodes as CODE-128: C-N-018-009

Internally it does a very small blur to try to account for this but this one would need a little more. Ironically, lower resolution would also solve this problem. It's generally optimizing for phone video streams where you rarely get such a clear picture such that this matters (or, can simply wait to try the next frame)