Moving to 3.0.0 release

Sean Owen

Feb 23, 2014, 4:49:17 AM2/23/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, I'm looking to go ahead and release 3.0.0 of the library soon.

This is not as big a change as it may sound, except that this would be the first release after having removed several directories of code. Hence a major version change.
I also am going to delete the "glass-mirror" code since it was unfinished, and almost certainly not interesting compared to the newer GDK API, which I'll be working on when I get my device.

Any particular comments for or against? other things to put in? remove?

Sean Owen

Feb 28, 2014, 8:02:38 AM2/28/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I completed the 3.0.0 release with only minor release trouble. In a few hours it should appear in Maven.

Headline changes:

  • iphone/, cpp/, objc/, and glass-mirror/ are retired
  • Java 7 now used for all Java-based modules
  • Project moved to github.com/zxing/zxing
  • Many small bug fixes and improvements