I18N support in zxing ?

notarysojac

Jan 5, 2013, 12:43:28 PM1/5/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi zxing world -

Has anyone considered providing internationalization support in the zxing project?

Of course I can edit the code and put my own support in there - but it would be cool if there was some way, as with Apple's NSLocalizedString capability, to substitute in strings from other languages as the occasion might warrant.

Thanks!

Sean Owen

Jan 5, 2013, 7:45:45 PM1/5/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I assume you're talking specifically about the iphone app -- core/ has nothing to localize and android/ is fully localized. I imagine it's something that will happen if you can propose a patch.

Steven Parkes

Apr 6, 2013, 2:19:50 PM4/6/13
to notarysojac, zx...@googlegroups.com
Patches welcome.

That would only work for the Objective C code, though. Not sure if that would be enough …

Sean Owen

Apr 6, 2013, 5:32:17 PM4/6/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
The core code is not locale-specific, and the Android app is already fully localized. So yes it's long ago been a consideration. You and smparkes would know more about how to make that happen for the ObjC code, but I assume this would apply to the iPhone app rather than any core code over there either.