Data Maxtrix Base 256

Hans-Joachim Clausen

Jun 27, 2014, 3:54:42 AM6/27/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

i must write a "Data Matrix" with "Base 256" and Hex. How can i encode with xing. I need perhaps an example.

cu Achim

Sean Owen

Jun 27, 2014, 8:30:57 PM6/27/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
You would really have to explain what this means, like with an example.

Hans-Joachim Clausen

Jun 30, 2014, 3:54:15 AM6/30/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Am Samstag, 28. Juni 2014 02:30:57 UTC+2 schrieb Sean Owen:
> You would really have to explain what this means, like with an example.

The "Post Premiumaddress" write a DataMatrix

Excerpt from the post office

Verwendet wird ein Matrixcode vom Type Data Matrix im 8-Bit Binärmodus (BASE
256). Als Fehlerkorrekturniveau ist ECC 200 vorzusehen. Die Symbolgröße des Matrixcodes
(Zahl der Zeilen und Spalten) beträgt bei der Standard-Variante 22 x 22
Module (L*B =9,31 mm * 9,31 mm) und bei der vergrößerten Variante 26 x 26 Module
(L*B = 11,0 mm * 11,0 mm).

I have append the file from the Post and my source. I have tried to write the DataMatrix but the Result is not ok.

mlfvm_8_premiumadress_1_0_19.pdf
qr.java
Message has been deleted

zxingnet

Jul 2, 2014, 4:09:08 PM7/2/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
How I understand the specification of "Post Premiumaddress":

You don't have to write anything in hex. It's only in the documentation for clarification of the data stream which has to be encoded. The string with the data should contain the byte values not the hex values. As far as I can see you do it already in your code.

The error correction ECC200 is the standard mode for data matrix. Nothing to do at this point.

"Base256" is one of the encodation modes for Data Matrix.
You can set it with the encoding hint DATA_MATRIX_DEFAULT_ENCODATION.

In your code the line
hintMap.put(EncodeHintType.ERROR_CORRECTION, ErrorCorrectionLevel.M);
doesn't have any effect for Data Matrix.
Replace it with
hintMap.put(EncodeHintType.DATA_MATRIX_DEFAULT_ENCODATION, Encodation.BASE256);

I'm not sure why you use the following line in your code:
b.append(qrCodeData);
In my opinion you should directly encode the string daten1.