how to launch the particular page in my android app by scanning qr code (inbuilt reader )

Sophia

Dec 15, 2014, 10:09:28 AM12/15/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
i am trying to create an android app that have a inbuilt qr code scanner

In the android i have some page with information read from the sqlite database

This is my question :

when i scan the qr code is it possible to link/bring to a particular page in my android application that have that the ID that qr code contain ?

MY MAIN IDEA:

in my android app have information:

Page 1:
Apple
cost 1 dollar

Page 2:
Pear
cost 1.50 dollar

What i want to do: Scan qr code from my android, reader retrieve Page 1 as ID, then link/go to Page 1 in the android app

Sean Owen

Dec 15, 2014, 6:04:00 PM12/15/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Your application can register particular URI schemes (e.g. "yourapp://...") and then you can create a link to such a URI in a QR code. It should work as you intend.

Sophia

Dec 15, 2014, 11:26:59 PM12/15/14
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
can i ask you how do i register the particular URI schemes ?do you have any tutorial or sample code that i can reference?

Just a question why do u need a url? i dont want to show those content on the web browser, i just want it on the android app and all the content are retrieve from the sqlite database so there no online content. I just want go to or link to that particular activity1 after scan the qr code contain 1 in that same app.

Lachezar Dobrev

Dec 17, 2014, 6:09:38 AM12/17/14
to Sophia, zxing
http://developer.android.com/guide/components/intents-filters.html

In Android the common integration method is to define applications
handling URL variants. An URL is not limited to HTTP(S) although it is
commonly used so. ZXing application will 'open' the URL with the
appropriate application that is registered to handle the given URL.