Re: difference between 2 QR codes

Sean Owen

Jun 4, 2013, 5:13:51 PM6/4/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
LIke, which modules changed between the first and second QR codes? no there is nothing to do this for you, but it would be a simple operation to iterate over the two BitMatrix objects and report which points are different.

JamesB

Jun 4, 2013, 10:04:36 PM6/4/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Oh alright. Will try it and get back.. Thanks a lot for the info.. :)

JamesB

On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 3:01:23 PM UTC-6, JamesB wrote:
Hello folks,

I'm working on an application where I am to generate a QR code for a set of data before I perform some operations on it, and another QR code after I perform the operations on it. This is to be done to show the difference between what part of the data actually changed and how much it changed after the performing the operations. I have used zxing libraries to generate bar codes for both the cases, but is there a way I can use zxing to find out the differences between the two QR codes I just generated?

Thanks.

JamesB

JamesB

Jun 10, 2013, 2:52:41 PM6/10/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much Sean :) I attempted to iterate over the two bitmatrix objects and made my own pixels[] where I set a '0' for like bits, and a '1' for unlike bits. Finally when I make a qr code out of my pixels[], i see a qr code with a higher resolution than the two original qr codes I constructed. Why is this happenning? Any idea? Or, can you suggest any way to report the unlike bits, other than making a qr code out of them, as I did?

JamesB.