how to make a GS1 barcode

Christian Prins

Mar 2, 2024, 9:05:25 AMMar 2
to zxing
Hi all,

Currently I'm using Zxing library in combination with my Delphi 11 develop enviroment.
Thus far I created only non GS1 compatible 2D barcodes (DataMatrix and QR) with this library.
In order to create barcodes that are readable by our ERP system the Barcodes need to be GS1 compatible.
As an example I took the following part that needs to be scanned
Partnumber: 123A45600
Serialnr: 1234

According to the GS1 standard this translates the the following string
<gs1>91123A45600<gs1>101234
In where <gs1> should be replaced with 0x1D (character 29)

Using this string aI get a valid barcode but this is not recognized as a GS1 barcode by our ERP system
When I read back the raw data from the scanner I do get the inputstring but somehow this string isn't valid GS1 code

I found a some similar discussion from 2017 in this group but without any real solutions

Hope this time we can make work